Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Virtues – Be Admired – Live A Good Life
To be a person of good virtue does mean living a good life. Giving as well as taking. Sharing as well as using. Looking out for others as well as looking after themselves. Trying to act for the common good rather than just for selfish reasons. That all sounds a bit nebulous to me
And so it may. Yet, is it not our right to live a good and wholesome life. A life where
- we help others as well as supporting ourselves
- we participate as well as take part
- we share as well as act
- we contribute as well as belong\
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 ounces cheese (extra-sharp cheddar, comte', etc.)
1 dozen small eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 1/2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees F.
- Place thin slice of bread on cutting board and roll bread as thin as possible with rolling pin. Cut out bread round with a 4" cookie cutter being careful to avoid the crust. Repeat until you have 12 bread rounds.
- Press rounds of bread into the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan. Brush bread cups with melted butter and bake until light golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, grate cheese and set aside.
- Place an equal portion of cheese in the bottom of each bread cup. Crack 1 egg into each cup, season with salt and thyme. Return muffin pan to the oven and baked until egg whites are set, 8 to 10 minutes. Check oven often, as cooking time and preferred doneness varies.
- Remove muffin pan from oven, garnish with parsley, fresh ground black pepper and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Toothpick ... to remind you to pick the good qualities in everyone,including yourself.
- Rubber band ... to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it can be worked out.
- Band-Aid ... to remind you to heal hurt feelings, either yours or someone else's.
- Eraser ... to remind you everyone makes mistakes. That's okay, we learn by our errors.
- Candy Kiss ... to remind you everyone needs a hug or a compliment everyday.
- Mint ... to remind you that you are worth a mint to your family & Me.
- Bubble Gum ... to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.
- Pencil ... to remind you to list your blessings every day.
- Tea Bag ... to remind you to take time to relax daily and go over that list of God's blessings.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Why You Should Embrace the April Showers of Your Life
1. You teach yourself to be positive, no matter what. When you find yourself staying positive through a difficult time, you'll feel amazing. Getting to the point in your life -- or in the way you think about your life -- where you can take a negative situation and see the good in it is one of the best feelings. Embracing the difficult times in your life will, without you even realizing it, teach you to be positive no matter what comes along.
2. You grow stronger with every single storm you weather. With every single difficulty you face in your life, you become a little bit stronger. It's hard to realize this when you're actually going through a tough time, but no matter what the outcome, you gain strength from every hardship. And that's a great reason to embrace the struggles you face in your life. Every single one of them is making you stronger.
3. You need the tough times to bring out the best in your life. I'm sure you've heard it before: "Without the rain, there can be no rainbow." Cliche? Yes. True? Yes! Without the really tough times in your life, it can be hard to appreciate all of the awesome things. It would be great if we could just have awesomeness at all times, but the tough times really do help us to see (and be grateful for) what we have in our lives.
4. You will uncover new things about yourself -- and your life. Another cliche, but true, face is that when you're struggling to make it through a tough time, you'll learn a lot about yourself and your life. When in the midst of a difficult situation, this fact can be hard to wrap your mind around -- but it's one of the greatest things about a tough time. Whether you realize it initially (or years later), you always learn something when you struggle to get through a difficulty.
5. You can be refreshed and revitalized by a spring rain. Just like the flowers begin to bloom after April showers, you too can be refreshed and begin to blossom after a tough time. It might not happen right away, but with time, you will see that any difficulty you've struggled to overcome has left you feeling oddly renewed. Though you may feel beaten down at first (as I'm sure those flowers' stems do when the rains come), you'll eventually begin to show your true colors, blossoming into a new self after the storm has passed.
Monday, April 11, 2011
What My Name Means
There are 10 letters in your name.
Those 10 letters total to 40
There are 5 vowels and 5 consonants in your name.
Your number is: 4
The characteristics of #4 are: A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.
The expression or destiny for #4:
If there is too much 4 energies present in your makeup, you may express some of the negative attitudes of the number 4. The obligations that you face may tend to create frustration and feelings of limitation or restriction. You may sometimes find yourself nursing negative attitudes in this regard and these can keep you in a rather low mood. Avoid becoming too rigid, stubborn, dogmatic, and fixed in your opinions. You may have a tendency to develop and hold very strong likes and dislikes, and some of these may border on the classification of prejudice. The negative side of 4 often produces dominant and bossy individuals who use disciplinarian to an excess. These tendencies must be avoided. Finally, like nearly all with 4 Expression, you must keep your eye on the big picture and not get overly wrapped up in detail and routine.
Your Soul Urge number is: 9
A Soul Urge number of 9 means:
As with all human beings, you are prone to sometimes express the negative attitudes inherent to your Soul Urges. You may become too sensitive and tend to express emotions strongly at times. There can be significant conflict between higher aims and personal ambitions. You may resent the idea of giving all of the time and, in fact, if there is too much 9 energy in your nature you may reject the idea. You may often be disappointed in the lack of perfection in yourself and others.
Your Inner Dream number is: 22
An Inner Dream number of 22 means:
(image via weheartit.com)