Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Optimist or Pessimist


Pessimist or Optimist? Which one are you? I know few friends of mine who are pessimists. It seems for them that every situation is always a failure, never a success. I don't know why but they don't seem to be able to lift up their thoughts and hopes for better situations. They often said statements such as "We're not gonna make it", "This is going to be bad", "We'll fail this one" before they even started those things yet. I guess being a pessimist or an optimist is a choice and it is a result of an old habit. Therefore, whatever bad habits or thoughts that you have now, make sure you'll get rid of those and start to make good habit and good thoughts. Here's what we can learn about the two terms, from associatedcontent.

Pessimist

The Pessimist always views the world as bad, that everything will end up turning out wrong for them, they can never win. They believe that it doesn't matter what they do, something will always push them back to the bottom of the pile, and they will never reach the top of it. They're being destroyed most definitely, but it isn't by the world, or who is in it, it's by the person themselves.

Optimist

The Optimist views the positivity in the world. No matter what happens they know that this is simply a passing phase that will soon turn around. There is always something positive happening out of the negative, and believe in the good of the world. They worry, and stress less about things since they are viewing the outcome as ending up being something wonderful and great, but most of all they don't judge people because they love themselves.

The obvious moral being that a pessimist denies themselves of any Good that could possibly come from a situation. The amazing and wonderful things. All they see is the things that should of but didn't happen. Depending on if a person stable or unstable, will really depend on how they view life. Ever wonder what you are? Ask yourself some questions:
  1. Do I speak to myself and my actions positively or negatively?
  2. What kind of people do I surround myself with?
  3. Do I have specific goals that I believe I can reach in the future?
  4. Do I even see a future for myself, or am I living day-to-day?
  5. Am I willing to change?

(article source: by , Yahoo! Contributor Network via associatedcontent.com - image sources: flickr & vi.sualize.us)

No comments: