- Try to develop empathy for other people and living creatures. Allow yourself to imagine how they feel, what hurts them or makes them happy. Open your heart.
- Look for ways to help; anticipate the needs and feelings of others. Join others who are kind and reciprocate kindness. Being with other selfish people, will not help you become a better person. We are very much defined by the company we keep.
- Listen. There is a big difference between perceiving something, and actually consciously listening to what people have to say. Act as if you see the problem by being in his or her own shoes.
- Don't interrupt people. Let them finish their sentence. Remember that your points can always wait. If it's urgent (like if you have to leave) say "excuse me".
- Put the needs of other people before your own. Pay attention to the people in your life to find out what those needs are.
- Think about the other person's personality. When choosing gifts or cards, buy something that reflects the personality of the other person. Don't just buy something because it's convenient.
- Remember birthdays. Someone's feelings are bound to be hurt if you happen to forget their special day. Fortunately, you can always make it up to them if you forget.
- Keep in touch with your friends, family and relatives.
- Be honest and loyal.
- Consider the advice people in your life give you. Take it if it makes sense.
- If you have to ask someone for a favor, offer to do something for them in return.
- Compliment other people. Don't just go on about how great you are.
- Make sure to be considerate and include everyone you know and like when inviting people to parties and events. No one likes to be left out.
- Don't butt in front of people in line. Also, if you see someone in a walker or a wheelchair, slow down or help them instead of just cutting in front of them.
- Be on time. If at all possible, call if you know you are going to be late.
- Give your time or kindness to others that need it. Random acts of kindness also make you feel satisfied.
- Do not take things people say or do so personal.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Being a wife means that you always have someone to turn to when things went bad and also having someone to share the happiness with. Having a husband means you have to share parts of your life with your husband, I love it when I have this very special person that I can share everything to. Being a mother is another thing. Now that I have a family of three...I am now sharing my life with my husband and my daughter. I am overwhelmed with happiness when the three of us having a time together. I feel the love seeing my husband kiss our and hugging our baby. I am now seeing life in a different perspective. I know that having a family means that we can't be selfish since we have those we love so much to share this life with. I know there are some people who always think about themselves, not being care about other people. Here are some tips to stop being selfish.
How To Stop Being Selfish