Preparation: 20 min.
Process: 1 hour. Yield 4.
- 750 g potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml milk
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
- salt, freshly ground black pepper - on your taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Put the unpeeled garlic cloves on a baking tray, drizzle them with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes until tender. Peel the roasted garlic.
- Wash and peel potatoes, put them into a saucepan with cold salted water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes, or until done - a fork can easily be poked through them. Drain water from the saucepan and set aside.
- Chop parsley, heat milk (only bring it to boil).
- Add garlic cloves to cooked potatoes. Use wooden potato masher to mash potatoes and garlic until well mashed. While mashing add warm milk and butter pieces step by step. Add parsley, salt and pepper and mix a little. Serve immediately!