Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Destructive Thinking

Destructive thinking often can make us stressful. We tend to be more stressful when we create thoughts that don't even exist. It's as if everything we do or we see is wrong. Have you ever experience that? Instead of having good thoughts and hopeful thoughts, you have this destructive patterns that can eat your thoughts. I found this interesting list about 8 destructive thinking patterns via stevenaitchison.co.uk. I know that we can't continue to have bad thoughts to ourself and also to other people. Having positive thoughts are really important to keep you motivated and also to make your mind clear so that you can think more clearly about your thoughts. 



8 Destructive Thinking Patterns And How To Change Them
  1. ‘Life is shit’ Thinking pattern –Everything in life is bad, everybody is not to be trusted and nothing good will ever happen to them e.g. “I won’t get that job, the interviewer didn’t like me, I didn’t particularly like them anyway.”
  2. ‘Unsubstantiated conclusive’ Thinking pattern– You tend to make a lot of conclusions without any evidence to back up your conclusions. This can be a really destructive pattern as it can limit you in seeing reality for what it is e.g. “He walks a bit funny, he must be gay.” (I actually heard someone saying this about a colleague last week).
  3. ‘Never to me’ Thinking pattern – This is when you think nothing good will ever happen to you. This can be a deep seated way of thinking and it is a deep down inability to believe you are worthy of anything good happening to you e.g. “I’ll never have money, I’ve never had it before so I’ll never have it in the future, might as well carry on with this shitty job, at least it pays the mortgage.”
  4. ‘The negative psychic’ Thinking pattern – Presuming you know what people are thinking about you and it’s all bad. e.g. “She thinks I’m an idiot, I’ll try to avoid talking to her.”
  5. ‘Should, would, could’ Thinking pattern – This type of person knows what they have to do to change their life, they are capable and they know it and they would do it if only……… e.g. “I know I could go to university and I would, but I’m just to busy with other things right now, I’ll apply next year.”
  6. ‘Emotion based’ Thinking pattern – Your emotions control what you are thinking and therefore your vision of what reality is e.g. “I feel incapable of doing that so I must be incapable”.
  7. ‘It’s all my fault’ Thinking pattern – You see yourself as being the cause of everything bad that has happened e.g. “It’s my fault he left me for another woman.” You’ll notice this type of person does not take responsibility for the good things that happen.
  8. ‘They’re all wrong’ Thinking pattern – You see everyone as incapable of doing anything right and your way is the best way to do it e.g. “He can’t do it right, I’ll stay late tonight and fix it when he’s gone.”
(article via stevenaitchison.co.uk - image via: favim.com)

3 comments:

Rina said...

waaaa...blognya kereeen! Really love this :) Will follow definitely! Nice to know you mbak Boya ^_^V

boya arsila said...

Hi Mbak...nice to see you here =) Thank you so much. We'll surely be in touch on the net ya hihihi =)

Ypls said...

Yes, I belive...