Thursday, December 30, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
"Making Resolutions - New Year’s Resolutions."
The beginning of a New Year is the traditional time to make resolutions. A resolution is a formal expression of intent to change. It declares your resolve and determination to be different. A New Year is a new start and can be a good time to assess yourself. What would you like to change?
So, there are three possible resolutions to be made for the New Year. Commitments to change something in the areas of the mind, body, and spirit. Here are some tips to help along the way.
- Don’t be too ambitious. Don’t set yourself up to fail. Set goals that are reasonable and reachable.
- Look at a resolution as an opportunity to do something exciting and new and not as a task of drudgery.
- Tell others about the resolutions you are making. When we tell others what we plan it increases our motivation to do it.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
An you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You’ll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events
- The inevitable events predestined by this force.
- A final result or consequence; an outcome.
- Unfavorable destiny; doom.
It's all up to you whether you want to believe or not to believe in fate. After all, I do believe that we have to be responsible to write our own life story with God leading us the right way and giving us the best options that we can choose.
Monday, December 13, 2010
You Are a Morning Person
You're optimistic, alert, and full of energy to start the day.
While you would love to party all night, you rather be up at the crack of dawn.
You don't procrastinate or spend time worry about what to do next.
You take life by the reigns, and you like to have an early start.
Friday, December 10, 2010
- Why are more people right-handed than left-handed?
- How did Thomas Edison invent the phonograph if he was deaf?
- When was pizza first made?
- Why does putting metal in a microwave create sparks?
- Where is the windiest place in the world?
- Which is the most landed space in monopoly and how many in the world have played monopoly?
- ....and many more amazing facts!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
5 Ways to Live a More Balanced Life - How to balance work, play, and rest.
4. PUT A TIME LIMIT ON YOUR TALK ABOUT WORK.
5. MAKE HOME YOUR SANCTUARY.