(image via jotter book)
Friday, November 28, 2008
Oh how I love yoghurt. The word yoghurt is derived from the Turkish, yoğurt, which literally means dense or thick. Every weekend, it's a must for me to buy my favourite frozen yogurt in town, Sour Sally. But it's also a must for me to have at least one cup of yogurt everyday..strawberry yogurt has always been my fave. Why do I like yoghurt? For sure because it's fat free (yeah!), has a low calorie, it's good for your digestion system, have other benefits more or less the same with milk, considering it's also a dairy product. I always order the same size of plain yoghurt but always change the fruits...strawberry, kiwi, banana, mango...maybe this week I'll try to mix it with lychee.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Apple Spice Cake
Ingredients (Serves 10):
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped assorted nuts, such as pecans and walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray with flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Working over a large sheet of parchment paper, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; gather sifted ingredients into center of sheet; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs; mix on high speed until lemon yellow.
- Fold reserved parchment in half lengthwise; with mixer on medium speed, gradually shake in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Add apples and, if desired, nuts, to batter; mix to combine. Add vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 75 to 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto rack; turn cake right-side up to cool completely on rack, and serve drizzled with caramel sauce
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
In search for a Little black dress by boya arsila
(Ashley Greene)(Eva Longoria)(Hayden Panettiere)
(images from glamour.com)
Gossip Girl xoxo by boya arsila