Tuesday, January 11, 2011

French Toast

It's been quite a while since the last time I posted a recipe. I guess it's now the perfect time to post a simple recipe. I am sure all of you know how to make a perfect french toast. I can never get enough of French Toast recipe. Most of the ingredients are the same from one recipe to another but some people add certain ingredients that can make a difference compare to the other recipes. This is a new french toast recipe for me. I Am Mommy was the one who made this french toast.

French Toast

Ingredients:

  • 4 large eggs (organic)
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons organic turbinado sugar (you can use white sugar)
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (you can add more or less to your tastes)
  • 10-12 slices bread
  • 1 jar pure maple syrup (naturally organic)

Directions:

  1. Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt with wire whisk until smooth. Heat griddle to 375 degrees, and grease griddle if necessary. (I did not)
  2. Dip bread into egg mixture (do not soak it) then place on griddle. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
  3. Serve with room temperature butter and syrup and watch your family's faces light up with joy.

(image from I Am Mommy)

No comments: