- Ignore distractions and take advantage of how they often go away on their own.
- Don’t answer your phone every time it rings, stay in the moment of whatever you are doing and wait for a message
- Turn off your computer, your internet access on your computer or at least your popup notifiers (like email / IM) whenever you can
- Turn off your cell phone, don’t carry it constantly or even better, don’t have one! (This is my favorite way to simplify, I don’t have one myself)
- Move or buy a house close to work, to avoid driving
- Ride your bike or walk to commute and get around
- Give away things you no longer use or need
- Just buy less stuff
- Buy a smaller house than what you think you need (less space is more)
- Spend time reading, its a wonderful way to escape the complexities of each day
- De-clutter your living space
- Get out into nature
- Don’t rely on technology gadgets for everything, pen and paper work fine for more than people dare admit nowadays!
- Take up a creative hobby. Music, art, writing and building things helps you focus on just one thing.
- Finish what you start before switching tasks. One thing at a time
- Smile at and say hello to strangers
- Do some simple generous deed
Monday, October 10, 2011
Monday morning is here =) Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of posts last week. I wasn't doing well. It's funny because everytime I see a computer screen a bit too long, I had this nausea and dizzy feeling. Probably it's because of pregnancy =) Have I told you that I'm pregnant with my first baby? I am now..feel so blessed ans happy. Feels like I have to do anything to make the baby healthy and happy always inside my tummy. I am now entering week 14 in which I have passed the first trimester of my pregnancy...really was the hardest time but yet, it's worthwhile =) Hope that everything will always be fine...
So, today I'm going to talk a little bit about how to simplify our life. I sometimes feel like I make my life complicated by doing many things I wasn't supposed to do but I thought those things were important. But then again, those things that I did or I bought turn out to be unimportant. Have you ever felt or did something like that? Well, maybe these tips from Learn This can help us simplify our life =) Have a good day...
Simplify Your Life