Friday, October 21, 2011

Strawberry Milk..

Have any plans for this weekend? How about starting your weekend with this simple recipe I found on The Pastry Affair. It's a recipe of Strawberry Milk. Look at the photo below...looks so yummy =) Perfect for the whole weekend...from breakfast to dinner...Have a good weekend everyone.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), sliced
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk (I used 2%, but I imagine you could substitute soy or almond milk)

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, boil the strawberries, sugar, water, and vanilla extract for 10-12 minutes, or until the strawberries release all their juices and the mixture is slightly thickened.
  2. Remove from heat and run the mixture through a fine mesh sieve (save the cooked strawberries to put on yogurt, ice cream, or pancakes). Refrigerate the syrup until cool.
  3. Stir together the syrup and milk (if too sweet, you could add 1/2 cup more milk to dilute the flavor) and serve in chilled glasses. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Wendy Lu said...

This sounds absolutely amazing. I've been reading a lot of smoothie/milkshake recipes today! I'm going to have to add this one to my list of recipes to try out next weekend. :)

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

boya arsila said...

Yay..great =) let me know if you think is good..