Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Almond butter maple cookies

Almond butter maple cookies...hmm can you smell it? I can. Even when I haven't baked it yet. I haven't baked cookies quite a while, so I guess I have to start doing it again. And this recipe that I just found is so simple. And I'm sure it will taste so good too. Care for a try?
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup natural almond butter
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds


Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine natural almond butter, maple syrup, canola oil and almond extract until well blended.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, along with chopped almonds, and stir until just combined. Let sit for five minutes.
  5. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, flatten to about 1/3 of an inch, score with a fork and place onto cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
  7. Makes 18 cookies.

    (source from here)

No comments: