Friday, July 30, 2010

Pretty Gloves..

How often do you wear fashion gloves? I rarely wear it since I live in a tropical country in which I don't need any kind of gloves. In fact, I don't even have a pair of it. But looking at these pretty images of gloves make me want to have lots of pretty gloves. But if I do have one, I have no idea where would I wear it to. It always nice to see a woman wearing a pair of gloves, any kind of gloves; wrist gloves, elbow gloves, fingerless gloves, evening gloves, formal or casual gloves. For me gloves can make a fashion statement. Here's a bit of history about gloves from Women Fashion Wear...

"In 13th century, gloves became a fashion accessory and also started being used for ceremonial and religious purposes. The gloves were made of linen and silk and sometimes covered the arm upto the elbow. In 16th century, Queen Elizabeth I set the fashion for wearing the gloves richly embroidered and jeweled. These gloves became a symbol of royalty.
Later on, gloves were used for everyday work and for fashion purposes. Now, gloves are used to keep warm and to make a fashion statement"



(image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)