Friday, July 29, 2011

Rumi...


This is a really nice poem by Rumi, one of my favorite poets. Everytime I read his works, I feel so peaceful. Though sometimes I have to dig deeper into his words to really get to know the real meaning of the words he wrote. I just found the new one below. I can feel the sincerity reading all the lines =) Have a great weekend everyone..

"An eye is meant to see things.
The soul is here for its own joy.

A head has one use: For loving a true love.
Feet: To chase after.

Love is for vanishing into the sky.
The mind, for learning what men have done and tried to do.

Mysteries are not to be solved:
The eye goes blind when it only wants to see why.

A lover is always accused of something.
But when he finds his love, whatever was lost
in the looking comes back completely changed."
Rumi (Night and Sleep)

(image via weheartit)

No comments: