- Pears: The fiber content of pears is one of the highest--about 4 grams of fiber per medium pear. More fiber means the fruit is more filling and will keep your blood sugar more stable while ingesting the fruit sugar.
- Apples: Just like pears, apples are also very filling. You know what they say;an apple a day keeps the pounds away.
- Melons: These fruits have a very high water content making them very filling and low calorie. For example, you can eat a whole half of a cantaloupe and it is less than 100 calories!
- Cherries: This fruit has one of the lowest glycemic index ratings, meaning the sugars in the fruit are not rapidly absorbed. So, even though cherries taste sweet and delicious, they are a fruit that will keep your blood sugar fairly stable which is ideal for weight loss.
- Grapefruit: This one has a lot of myths surrounding its affect on fat loss. The truth is that grapefruit does not help speed up burning fat directly. However, it still happens to be a great fruit for weight loss since the sugars in grapefruit are not rapidly absorbed.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Would you like to know what are the top 5 fruits which are good for us? Especially for those of you who are trying to lose weigh or maintaining your current weight. I found this article from diet-blog.com. Very useful, it's one of those list that you can keep =) So happy that one of my favorite fruits is in the list...pears! Yeay...
Top 5 Fruits