Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cocktail time...

Once again I forgot to save the source of the images. So if anyone happens to know the source of this image, you can tell me. The pictures above are pictures of cocktail glass, also known as martini glass since people often use the glass for a martini.

A cocktail glass, martini glass, or stem cocktail glass, is a drinking glass with a cone-shaped bowl (the tip of the cone forming approximately a 90 degree angle in the cross section) on a stem above a flat base, used to serve a cocktail or champagne. As with other stemware, the stem allows the drinker to hold the glass without affecting the temperature of the drink.
One variation is the double martini glass which is taller and wider at the opening than a standard martini glass. Another variation is a Stub glass, which is identical to the martini glass, except that the base is attached directly to the bowl, removing the fragile stem. These glasses may be used in situations where breakage and theft of regular martini glasses occurs frequently. (wikipedia)

No comments: